NOTE: As of January 2023, we have filled all positions. Thanks for your interest!
WYRE Technology is a Chattanooga-based IT managed service provider. We empower businesses through technology, providing proven solutions to the most pressing technology issues and time-consuming tasks. Our services include cybersecurity; IT support; network engineering; server infrastructure projects; user device management; email, accounts, and apps; connectivity; and VoIP.
We’re growing, and we’re hiring a Level II IT Technician to support our customers with exceptional service, efficiency, and diligence. This is a full-time, on-site position.
WYRE’s motto is: We always help. If you feel the same, apply today!
About the Position:
This dynamic role is the core of WYRE’s IT service offering. Level II IT Technicians are on the frontlines, resolving the bulk of technical issues reported by customers. Technicians in this role are largely independent once fully onboarded and help us meet our goals of first-call resolution.
All technical team members at WYRE share responsibility for support, regardless of level. Along with answering support calls and tickets in the office, Level II Techs are frequently dispatched to customer sites to troubleshoot computer and network issues that cannot be resolved remotely.
Our team is composed of many subject-matter experts and deeply experienced engineers who are always ready to help if an issue needs escalation, as well as empower technicians to learn and grow. Opportunities to be involved in advanced technical projects abound, and technicians are often asked to participate in projects that suit their interests and skills.
- Respond immediately to customer issues across all communication methods, including phone (if you’re looking to move away from end-user support, this isn’t the job for you)
- Utilize IT ticketing system to track support requests and resolutions
- Perform follow-ups to support requests
- Help meet goal of first-call resolution whenever possible
- Take ownership of issues escalated from Level I Technicians
- Troubleshoot computer software and hardware issues, including Windows, Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, etc.
- Assist with server and network support and maintenance tasks
- Configure and deploy workstations, network equipment, and servers
- Employ user education to reduce recurring issues
- Carry out technical projects as assigned
- Create and maintain technical and process documentation
- Stay up to date on new and emerging network products, services, and technology
- Motivated, love to learn, and looking to grow in the IT world
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willing attitude
- An IT generalist at the core; any specialized skills and interests a bonus
- At least 2–3 years of experience working in IT
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Exceptional problem-solving ability
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and change gears quickly and easily
- Strong knowledge of various computer and server operating systems, critically Windows workstation and server troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals; deeper networking expertise a benefit: routers, firewalls, and switches (Ubiquiti, Fortinet, Cisco, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, Active Directory, and Azure AD
- Experience with ticketing and remote-access software
- Familiarity with cybersecurity software (Avanan, Blackpoint, SentinelOne, Huntress, etc.)
- Understanding of server administration
- Certifications, college degree, or relevant education in IT a plus